[College Hill Topeka] City Council Vote for Pigs

Heidi Hunt hhunt231 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 11:22:34 EDT 2017

I politely disagree with Mr. Smith!
I have owned a potbellied pig as a pet. I can attest to its friendliness and
quiet demeanor. If one is to clean up the pig poo as one does dog poo, there
is no smell issue. Many owners of potbellied pigs have their pet pig in the
house some of the time, where it uses a cat litter box.
Sure a herd of pigs kept outdoors would be offensive - just as a pack of
rottweiler's would!!!
A single pet potbellied pig is no more of a neighborhood problem than a
barking dog kenneled outdoors all the time.
I would vote in favor of allowing someone to keep not only a potbellied pig
as a pet, but also a couple of miniature goats. (A couple, because they are
a herd animal and otherwise would be lonely!!)
Heidi Hunt
College Hill