[College Hill Topeka] Recycling Update

Katrina Shaw katkake1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 13:36:15 CDT 2023

Neighbors,

Our last College Hill neighborhood recycling drive (on Saturday, September
9) brought in $155.00!

     Here are the amounts we collected and were paid:

              Aluminum cans--306 lbs. @ 45 cents/lb.
                                                $137.70

              Copper--3 lbs. @ 2.55/lb.
                                                                 7.65

              Brass--2 lbs. @ $.65/lb.
                                                                 1.30

              "Light" aluminum--4 lbs. @ $.15/lb.
                                                             .60

              Misc. metals ("Shred #3 Loose Metal")--140 lbs. @  5.5
cents/lb.                                     7.70

              ATM rounding  (- 5 cents)
                                                              +  .05

              *TOTAL*

*$155.00*

Since the neighborhood recycling drives began in September 1990,
our College Hill Association has received *$15,861.98* from recycling!
Since we have one more recycling drive in 2023 (in December), we are
optimistic that the neighborhood will reach the $16,000 mark by the end of
the year!

We thank and appreciate all the people who contributed their pre-sorted
recyclables.  Many thanks the wonderful volunteers who helped to pick up
and drop off the recyclables:  Susan Duffy; Tom and Darcel Luellen; Frank
and Sarah Meadows; and John Christensen.  We appreciate their dedicated and
cheerful service to College Hill and our environment!!

Our next recycling drive will be *Saturday, December 9*. Be sure to save
your aluminum cans for College Hill!  We are happy to take other metal
recyclables as well.  A reminder email before our next drive will be sent
with more details.  If you have recyclables you would like to donate early,
please contact Carol at 785-554-8068.