[College Hill Topeka] Fwd: YWCA Hope for the Holidays Program

Katrina Shaw katkake1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 06:15:59 CST 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Rachelle Vega-Retana <rvretana at topeka.org>
Date: Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 3:43 PM
Subject: YWCA Hope for the Holidays Program

Dear Supporters of YWCA Northeast Kansas,

The holiday season is upon us! Consider giving the gift of empowerment
by *donating
items from our attached wish list for our annual YWCA Center for Safety and
Empowerment "Hope for the Holidays" Holiday Store program* to support
survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking and
stalking and their families this holiday season. This program was designed
to provide holiday gifts for victims and survivors who are served by YWCA
Northeast Kansas’ Center for Safety and Empowerment (CSE), as well as their
families and loved ones. This year, we are excited to get back to a more
"traditional" format for the Holiday Store to give individuals an
opportunity to actually "shop" through the store and pick out gifts!

Gift cards and items can be dropped off to our main location at 225 SW 12th
Street Topeka, KS 66612
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/225+SW%0D%0A+12th+Street+Topeka,+KS+66612?entry=gmail&source=g>
between
the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM Monday through Friday.* The Holiday Store
will open at 9:00 AM on Monday, December 12, and will remain open until
5:00 PM on Thursday, December 22.* Donations will be accepted throughout
the duration of the Holiday Store to ensure the shelves stay full and
replenished.

Last year, YWCA was able to serve 220 individuals (119 adults and 101
children) through the generosity of the "Hope for the Holidays"
programming. In the powerful words of a survivor, “Sometimes you stay out
of fear you won't be able to provide as well for your kids. I felt selfish.
I left no matter if the kids got Christmas or not. Their safety was more
important. Now, they get one, and I couldn't be more grateful.

Thank you all so much.”

We believe that everyone is worthy and deserving of the gifts of
empowerment, safety, support, and respect. Thank you for your continued
generosity and support of YWCA's mission to make this season a little
brighter for those who are impacted by domestic violence, sexual assault,
human trafficking and stalking in our community!

*Emily Steimel-Handy |* Public Education Coordinator, Center for Safety and
Empowerment

Pronouns:
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/225+SW+12th+Street+%0D%0A+Topeka,+KS+66612?entry=gmail&source=g>
*She/Her/Hers*

*T:  *(785) 354-7927 ext. 316
* E: *emilys at ywcaneks.org

*YWCA of Northeast Kansas*
225 SW 12th Street
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/225+SW+12th+Street+%0D%0A+Topeka,+KS+66612?entry=gmail&source=g>

Topeka, KS 66612
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/225+SW+12th+Street+%0D%0A+Topeka,+KS+66612?entry=gmail&source=g>

24-hour helpline: 1 (888) 822-2983
www.ywcaneks.org

Rachelle Vega-Retana, Program Coordinator

City of Topeka, Dept. of Planning & Development

Division of Housing Services

620 SE Madison St
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/620+SE+Madison+St?entry=gmail&source=g>.
1st Floor – Unit 8

Topeka, Ks. 66607

Phone: (785) 368-4490

Fax:      (785) 368-2546

Email:    rvretana at topeka.org

The preceding email message (including any attachments) contains
information that may be confidential, protected by the attorney/client or
other applicable privileges or that may constitute non-public information.
This message is intended to be conveyed only to the designated
recipient(s). If you are not listed as a recipient of this message, please
notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and then delete
it from your system.  Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of
this message by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be
unlawful."