[College Hill Topeka] Fwd: Christmas Bureau Volunteering

Katrina Shaw katkake1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 21:38:37 CDT 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Rachelle Vega-Retana <rvretana at topeka.org>
Date: Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 10:19 AM
Subject: Christmas Bureau Volunteering

Hello Everyone

I hope that you are having a great beginning of your week.

United Way of Greater Topeka is partnering with the Community Resource
Council (CRC) to support the logistics of the Christmas Bureau program.

United Way of Greater Topeka is currently recruiting volunteers to help
with the three different Intake locations.

We will be managing volunteer sign-ups through Topekavolunteers.org,
the volunteer match online platform, below you will a direct link for all
the volunteer opportunities.

If you don't have an account, it is really easy to create an account. We
also will have a helpful video on our webpage
https://unitedwaytopeka.org/work/cb/.

If the technology becomes a tripping point, feel free to send me an email
and I can help get you registered for the days and locations you wish to
volunteer, email jnb at unitedwaytopeka.org

*Volunteer Opportunities Sign-up Link* - Opportunities | United Way of
Greater Topeka (galaxydigital.com)
<https://unitedwaytopeka.galaxydigital.com/need/index?agency_id=117353>

Intake will be held at three different locations again and will follow many
of the same COVID 19 safety requirements.

Intake volunteer will be working with families and individuals to verify
that they meet all requirement and will be verifying the wish list again
this year.

We will also be hosting a *required volunteer training virtually on October
20th at noon*, we will send a link to all volunteers that share interest in
volunteering this year.

Please reach-out if this date doesn't work in your schedule.

*Dates*

October 26th - 10-7PM

October 28th - 10-7PM

November 3rd - 10-7PM

November 5th - 10-7PM

November 6th - 10-2PM (Only at the Lundgren Location)

*Locations*

CRC Lundgren Elementary - 1020 NE Forest Ave
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/1020+NE+Forest+Ave?entry=gmail&source=g>
.

Salvation Army - 1320 SE 6th Street

Echo Ridge Community Center 2021 SE Market Street
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/2021+SE+Market+Street?entry=gmail&source=g>

Feel free to share the email, if you know others that might be interested
in volunteering with the Christmas Bureau program. I look forward to
working with all of you again this year.

Don't hesitate to reach-out if you have questions.

In Service,

Jess

*Jessica Neumann Barraclough*

*She/Her/Hers*

*Director of Volunteer Engagement*

United Way of Greater Topeka <http://www.unitedwaytopeka.org/>

Phone:  785.228.5120  |  Fax: 785.273.2467

1527 SW Fairlawn Rd.
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/1527+SW+Fairlawn+Rd.+Topeka,+KS+66604?entry=gmail&source=g>
Topeka, KS
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/1527+SW+Fairlawn+Rd.+Topeka,+KS+66604?entry=gmail&source=g>
66604
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/1527+SW+Fairlawn+Rd.+Topeka,+KS+66604?entry=gmail&source=g>

Rachelle Vega-Retana, Grants Administrator

City of Topeka, Dept. of Planning & Development

Division of Housing Services

620 SE Madison St
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/620+SE+Madison+St?entry=gmail&source=g>.
1st Floor – Unit 8

Topeka, Ks. 66607

Phone: (785) 368-4490

Fax:      (785) 368-2546

Email:    rvretana at topeka.org

The preceding email message (including any attachments) contains
information that may be confidential, protected by the attorney/client or
other applicable privileges or that may constitute non-public information.
This message is intended to be conveyed only to the designated
recipient(s). If you are not listed as a recipient of this message, please
notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and then delete
it from your system.  Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of
this message by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be
unlawful."