[College Hill Topeka] Vote Today

Christi Stewart christiastewart at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 20 19:55:16 CST 2021

Good evening again, Neighbors!
This is your friendly reminder to vote!
Email Christi Stewart at christiastewart at sbcglobal.net on the gazebo issue before 6 p.m., Monday, November 22.
College Hill Neighborhood Association wants to know if you would like to keep the existing wooden historic gazebo in Boswell Park, or would you like Shawnee County Parks and Recreation to replace it with a new structure like the one pictured below. Please email your vote today to Christi Stewart -and include your name and address. Your yes/no vote will be kept secret - we are only keeping track of names to avoid any voter fraud. (Only 1 vote per household and only current College Hill residents may vote.)

If you have questions, or would like to discuss this issue in person, come to the meeting at 7 p.m., Monday, November 22 at Westminster Presbyterian Church.
Below is the message sent November 16 and contains the explanation of the project....

Shawnee County Parks and Recreation is planning to make some very exciting and positive updates and improvements to our Boswell Park. New projects include new fencing, more lights, new swings, a natural play area and potentially a shelter house structure. In order to build a new shelter house structure, the existing wooden gazebo will be removed. Understandably, removing the existing wooden gazebo is a big deal and neighbors have strong thoughts about both sides of this issue. SNCO Parks and Recreation representatives have made it clear that we may keep the existing gazebo OR remove it and build a new structure. We may not have both.

 To keep all neighbors informed on the County's plan, CHNA will have an in-person meeting to share information about the park improvements and show photos of the potential shelter house. SNCO Parks and Recreation staff will not attend the meeting. This is an informational meeting for neighbors where neighbors will be asked to vote whether to keep the existing gazebo, or replace it with a new structure. (ONLY College Hill residents may vote. 1 vote per household.)
The last time we gathered as a group, at the chili contest in 2019, College Hill neighbors voted on their wishes for Boswell Park and the top vote-getters were:1. A natural play area2. More lighting around the park3. A shelter house in the park4. Gazebo repair
Listed below are some examples of the shelter house that would be built in Boswell Park. The photos are to give neighbors a general ideal of the structure. Details like color, railings and inserting a College Hill emblem would be figured in later.
If you cannot attend the meeting, but would like to vote, please do so by emailing Christi Stewart with your vote and include your name and address. Please send your vote by 6 p.m., Monday, November, 22 to  christiastewart at sbcglobal.net

Boswell Park Improvement Meeting7 p.m., Monday, November 22Westminster Presbyterian ChurchIn the Chapel
Our neighborhood is a beautiful place filled with caring, hard-working and supportive people. Thank you so much for your interest in this Boswell Park project. We will work together to make Boswell Park a welcoming gathering place for everyone.
Thank you for your support of College HillChristi Stewart