[College Hill Topeka] Thank you, neighbors!

Katrina Shaw katkake1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 15:13:39 CDT 2021

Neighbors,

Thanks to your support and participation in the College Hill Recycling
Drive yesterday we earned $164!   Since the neighborhood recycling drives
began in September 1990, our College Hill Neighborhood Association has
received *$14.290.08* from recycling!

Sadly, a few neighbors did not sort their recyclables so our volunteers had
to sort them before they could be taken to the center.  Please remember to
sort your recyclables: cat food and tuna cans, aluminum pie plates, and
aluminum foil may be bagged with steel cans--not with aluminum beverage
cans.  Keeping the aluminum beverage cans separate saves our volunteers
from sorting them as the center will not accept them when mixed.
We appreciate your contributions to our neighborhood, and especially our
volunteers, Susan and Clark Duffy, Frank and Sarah Meadows, and John and
Carol Christensen.  Thank you to Elizabeth Herbert, a former College Hill
neighbor, who allows our volunteers to use her truck to pick up metals.
Our next recycling drive will be Saturday, September 11, the Saturday after
Labor Day.  If you wish to have your recyclables picked up between now and
then please contact Carol and John Christensen at 785-554-8068.

Again, thank you for making College Hill a wonderful place to live through
your participation and time.