[College Hill Topeka] Fwd: FSGC Real-World Parenting presents "A Parent's Survival Guide: The Middle School Years"

Katrina Shaw katkake1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 17:12:46 CST 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Rachelle Vega-Retana <rvretana at topeka.org>
Date: Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 10:10 AM
Subject: FSGC Real-World Parenting presents "A Parent's Survival Guide: The
Middle School Years"

This month’s *free* Real-World Parenting Conversation from Family Service &
Guidance Center is *“A Parent’s Survival Guide: The Middle-School Years” *on
Thursday, December 16, from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Central via Zoom.

Middle school is an incredibly difficult time for children. FSGC’s Travis
Freed, LMLP, will share practical information on what parents can do to
help their "tween” manage all the changes.

He’ll also talk about the common middle school issue of bullying.

The presentation is free, but parents and caregivers need to register in
order to get the Zoom link. When folks sign up, they’ll have the
opportunity to enter a specific question to the presenter.

Then, during the conversation, the presenter will answer them.

I’ve attached a pdf of this month’s flyer. That’s where you’ll find a link
to register for the presentation.

Please share it in your communications (e-newsletters, emails, social
media, etc.) with families and school district staff members.

Please encourage them to join us! We also have information on our Facebook
page (facebook.com/fsgctopeka). Please feel free to share that on your
page, as well.

If you have any questions about Real-World Parenting Conversations, feel
free to e-mail or call me (270.8907). Thank you for your help!

*Jim Williamson*

Coordinator, Grants & Communication
Family Service & Guidance Center, Topeka

*“It’s the sort of thing that kind of person likes if they’re the kind of
person who likes that sort of thing.”*

Rachelle Vega-Retana, Grants Administrator

City of Topeka, Dept. of Planning & Development

Division of Housing Services

620 SE Madison St
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/620+SE+Madison+St?entry=gmail&source=g>.
1st Floor – Unit 8

Topeka, Ks. 66607

Phone: (785) 368-4490

Fax:      (785) 368-2546

Email:    rvretana at topeka.org

The preceding email message (including any attachments) contains
information that may be confidential, protected by the attorney/client or
other applicable privileges or that may constitute non-public information.
This message is intended to be conveyed only to the designated
recipient(s). If you are not listed as a recipient of this message, please
notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and then delete
it from your system.  Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of
this message by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be
unlawful."