[College Hill Topeka] Quarterly Recycling recap

Katrina Shaw katkake1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 09:13:57 EDT 2017

Our latest recycling drive was less profitable but did contribute $42.00 to
the general fund.

    Here are the amounts we collected and were paid:

       Aluminum cans (UBC)—74 lbs. @ 40 cents/lb.
    $29.60

       Aluminum sheet--19.5 lbs. @ 30 cents/lb.
              5.85

       Cast iron--3 lbs. @ 30 cents/lb.
                           .90

       Brass--2.5 lbs. @  $1.05/lb.
                            2.62

       Steel--135 lbs. @ 2
cent/lb.
 2.70

       SUBTOTAL
                                 $41.67

       TOTAL                                                        $41.67
+ .33 bonus =        $42.00

    Since the quarterly neighborhood recycling drives began in September
1990, our College Hill Association has received $12,943.93 from recycling!

    We thank and appreciate VERY MUCH all the people who contributed their
recyclables to this drive!

    Many thanks also to the neighbor friends who drove and picked up
recyclables that day:  Mike and Eric Almond;  James, Harley, and Hank
Stamper; and recycling first-timers Brendan and Amber Jensen.

   The next recycling drive will be Saturday, December 9.