[College Hill Topeka] College Hill Recycling Drive

Erin Snethen esnethen at sewingworkshop.com
Thu Aug 31 23:25:05 EDT 2017

Hello neighbors! Just a little reminder before the Labor Day weekend starts - save your cans! Here's a repost from our most recent recycling drive to show you what an impact recycling has made in your neighborhood. And remember, the next recycling drive is Saturday, September 9th at 9 a.m. for porch pick-up or to arrange a pick-up, please call (785) 554-8068. Thank you!
"We are delighted to report that the recycling drive on Saturday, July 8, was the best one we've had since September, 2013! We earned $117.00! In addition to a lot of aluminum, neighbors recycled an old filing cabinet, typing table, piping, and aluminum storm door: not exactly "everything but the kitchen sink," but pretty close!
Additionally, more neighbors participated than in other recent drives, and they contributed more recyclables--including lots of "miscellaneous" metals besides just aluminum and steel cans--this time.
Since the quarterly neighborhood recycling drives began in September 1990, our College Hill Association has received $12,901.93 from recycling!
We thank and appreciate VERY MUCH all the people who contributed their recyclables to this drive!
Many thanks also to the dear neighbor friends who drove and picked up recyclables that day: Mike and Eric Almond; James, Harley, and Hank Stamper; and Ardith and Jordan Woertz.
The next recycling drive will be Saturday, September 9, our usual recycling day and the Saturday after Labor Day too! With such a date, we hope that we will have good participation by our neighbors again!"
And thank you to the Christensens for their continued commitment to recycling in College Hill.

Erin Snethen

Also, look out for the Fall 2017 newsletter. It’s coming your way soon!