[College Hill Topeka] Fwd: Only 20% Kansas Homeowner Assistance Funds Remain

Katrina Shaw katkake1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 14:00:01 CST 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Taylor J. Leathers <tjleathers at topeka.org>
Date: Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 1:08 PM
Subject: Only 20% Kansas Homeowner Assistance Funds Remain

*Homeowners in need of assistance encouraged to apply now *

The Kansas Homeowner Assistance Fund (KHAF)
<https://kshousingcorp.org/kansas-homeowner-assistance-fund/>, a federally
funded, temporary emergency program to support homeowners experiencing
hardship during the Covid pandemic, has dispersed 80 percent of program
funds. Since the program launched in April 2022, KHAF has provided
*$37,460,240* to *3,377* households. *With 20 percent of funds still
available, homeowners in need of assistance are encouraged to apply now
while funding remains.*

“I was stressed and overwhelmed when I got behind on my mortgage payments,”
said one KHAF applicant. “With so much going on in my life, I was hesitant
to get started applying for KHAF assistance. However, once I sat down and
focused, I learned that the application process was much easier than I
thought.  My advice to others is to apply now; don’t wait. You will be
surprised by the simple process; if you need help, you can always call a
KHAF customer service representative.”

KHAF was established with American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to help
qualifying Kansas homeowners get current on their mortgage payments and
avoid foreclosure. Eligible homeowners at least 30 days past-due on
mortgage and/or property taxes can receive payment assistance for
mortgages, utility bills, property taxes, and other charges associated with
delinquency.

For more information and to apply, visit the Kansas Homeowner Assistance
Fund (KHAF) <https://kshousingcorp.org/kansas-homeowner-assistance-fund/>
webpage.
For questions, contact KHAF customer service at *855-307-5423.*

<mstanley at kshousingcorp.org>

Kansas Homeowner Assistance Fund (KHAF)
<https://kshousingcorp.org/kansas-homeowner-assistance-fund/>

*KHAF Call Center* 1-855-307-KHAF (5423)

KHRC Public Appearance Request
<https://kshousingcorp.org/public-appearance-request/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are intended solely
for their authorized recipient(s) and may be confidential and/or legally
privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the
contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the
information on any medium. Unless otherwise stated, the contents of this
email and any attachments should not be construed as legal or tax advice.