[College Hill Topeka] Fwd: College Hill Recycling Drive report for September 17

Katrina Shaw katkake1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 20:50:55 CDT 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Carol Christensen <carolc1610 at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Sep 17, 2022 at 10:09 PM
Subject: College Hill Recycling Drive report for September 17

Hello!
     John and I are excited to report that, for the third drive in a row,
today's College Hill neighborhood recycling drive brought in more than
$200!  Specifically, it brought in $208.90.  (Since the last recycling
drive was only about two months after the last drive--when we brought in
$237.00--we were especially happy with the results of this drive!)

     Here are the amounts that we collected and were paid:
              Aluminum cans--408 lbs. @ 45 cents/lb.
                                               $183.60
              Misc. metals ("Shred #3 Loose Metal")--460 lbs. @  5.5
cents/lb.                                    25.30
              *TOTAL
                                                                   *
*$208.90 !!!*
       Since the neighborhood recycling drives began in September 1990, our
College Hill Association has received *$15,228.98* from recycling!
      We thank and appreciate VERY MUCH all the people who contributed
their recyclables.  We were also pleased that most neighborhood recyclers
are sorting their materials the way we've been asked to do.  Many thanks
also to Erin and Kat for their indispensable help in publicizing the drive.
      A huge shout-out also to the dear neighbor friends who helped to pick
up and deliver recyclables.  Tom and Darcel Luellen made their recycling
debut today.  Recycling veterans Frank and Sarah Meadows, Ardith Woertz,
and John Christensen also helped.
     Our next recycling drive will be *Saturday, December 10. *
    Neighbors who want to get rid of their aluminum cans or other
recyclables before our next drive can contact us (785-554-8068) so we can
store those items until then.  As much as possible, we want to encourage
neighbors to recycle with our neighborhood!  Thank you!