[College Hill Topeka] Fwd: FutureNow: Finance at Topeka High School

Katrina Shaw katkake1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 19:57:21 CDT 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Rachelle Vega-Retana <rvretana at topeka.org>
Date: Tue, Oct 25, 2022 at 11:04 AM
Subject: FutureNow: Finance at Topeka High School

<https://us.report.cybergraph.mimecast.com/alert-details/?dep=lggDN4Bl%2FKpm2ZCVcrnaLg%3D%3DaiQWCI3%2Fd93S56%2FZuLZ8tmt4t8tzZP8%2FuLqPOwa4rclGDUFedGjBE5TQ7JYvo4l9PiivijIiEizg5XeAe2CXA6c1u2Pp66cFWjpQFyOmGB%2FEO9u7w1DRz5QRqYy7cWTRDRcrw3GJQOLR%2FvnB%2FzReQ29K7HW1QGVe2T3AKWQuKzzOOks1KAZpYvrcwiFiCSOu%2BQlW8CvI37VMpmP1FJryrBorvzcqNq4lemvePTzYYaYaIkaiqVDI7IkFbMM2Q0KelI%2FPfzSfFmrNG7YQuATFy8J6hy57%2FPGF7vMzAbi93PzEltAtzcTYZ9H9TlB%2B745h3x8i6kuUo8e7UXjlW47Met7dACPQzCDFBw99beUY5AgAdWopGqU6zRZqJoczVKjOQkXxPJBXQqYnU5N2Kn8E87UyBCXBobWDuGA82UFH9XTax8knb6XQAVyBdt7gwD9orF8a7jUIbxH59jyW%2Bs8QNEqntkWbbF34UqVio93BTSBXwL8V7AtaYHaWOCdpMh99%2BmzmyGn5fv1Gl89%2Fl4QujH69TpJVavOCBeIVCBYQYz%2FQFHtIRyUANK2vgyvmQM5G>

Good morning,

If you have already signed up to volunteer for our FutureNow: Finance event
at Topeka High School, THANK YOU!  I encourage you to share with any of
your coworkers, friends and community partners.

If you haven’t had the chance to sign up yet, please take a look at the
link below to see if you’re able to fill any of our vacancies.  We have
more students completing this event this year than we’ve ever had before,
which in turn requires more volunteers than we’ve ever needed.

*The link to sign up for the Topeka High School FutureNow: Finance event on
November 2-3, 2022 is here:
**https://www.signupgenius.com/go/805094DA5A92CABFA7-futurenow5
<https://www.signupgenius.com/go/805094DA5A92CABFA7-futurenow5>*

FutureNow: Finance is an interactive financial literacy simulation.
Students receive a profile detailing their life at age 26, including their
profession, salary, family status, and more. They use this information to
navigate through stations representing all the expenses they must account
for in a month, such as housing, transportation, child care, groceries,
etc. Volunteers are positioned at each station to help students determine
what they owe and help them with their budget. Students leave the event
with a better understanding of creating and balancing a budget.

The success and lasting impact of these events depend on volunteers like
you. We hope you will join us for this incredible volunteer experience.  If
you have other’s you think may be interested in volunteering for the event,
feel free to share the link. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to
get in touch with me, Miranda Carpenter at
Miranda.Carpenter at cismidamerica.org.

As always – Thank you for being #AllInforKids,

*Miranda Carpenter *|
* Development Manager *Communities In Schools of Mid-America
1919 Delaware Street, Lawrence, KS 66046
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/1919+Delaware+Street,+Lawrence,+KS+66046?entry=gmail&source=g>

C 620.330.6603

[image: cid:image002.png at 01D8E854.0CFCA350] <http://cismidamerica.org/>

#AllinforKids | *In Schools and Beyond*

My Strengths are:  Strategic | Responsibility | Learner | Significance |
Communication

Rachelle Vega-Retana, Program Coordinator

City of Topeka, Dept. of Planning & Development

Division of Housing Services

620 SE Madison St
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/620+SE+Madison+St?entry=gmail&source=g>.
1st Floor – Unit 8

Topeka, Ks. 66607

Phone: (785) 368-4490

Fax:      (785) 368-2546

Email:    rvretana at topeka.org

The preceding email message (including any attachments) contains
information that may be confidential, protected by the attorney/client or
other applicable privileges or that may constitute non-public information.
This message is intended to be conveyed only to the designated
recipient(s). If you are not listed as a recipient of this message, please
notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and then delete
it from your system.  Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of
this message by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be
unlawful."