[College Hill Topeka] Fwd: Topeka Metro Offers Free Rides on Election Day

Katrina Shaw katkake1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 18:08:44 CDT 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Rachelle Vega-Retana <rvretana at topeka.org>
Date: Thu, Nov 3, 2022 at 12:39 PM
Subject: Topeka Metro Offers Free Rides on Election Day

*TOPEKA, KAN. (November 3**, **2022)* – Topeka Metro will offer free
rides for Election day, Tuesday, November 8th, 2022, for all fixed route
passengers and two rides for the day for paratransit users.

Topeka Metro provides free rides on election day to help people who may not
have reliable transportation or any transportation at all, so that they can
vote on November 8th.

"Topeka Metro offers this service so that our passengers have a way to
fulfil their civic duty without transportation hardship," said Bob Nugent,
Topeka Metro General Manager. "We encourage passengers to know where their
polling location is and to be sure that they know which bus route to take.
For help planning a bus trip, our customer service is available at
785-783-7000."

Polling locations can be found by accessing the Shawnee County Election
Office website at *www.myvoteinfo.voteks.org/VoterView*
<https://topekametro.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f658c882dcda835f574e6419d&id=b4f0aa7add&e=1f90a6299d>
.

Topeka Metro's system map is on the website at
*www.topekametro.org/routes-and-detours*
<https://topekametro.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f658c882dcda835f574e6419d&id=a33d67b53b&e=1f90a6299d>
.

*Contact: Keri Renner Director of Marketing & Communications
           Topeka Metro 201 N. Kansas Avenue
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/201+N.+Kansas+Avenue+%0D%0ATopeka,+Kansas+66603?entry=gmail&source=g>
Topeka, Kansas 66603
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/201+N.+Kansas+Avenue+%0D%0ATopeka,+Kansas+66603?entry=gmail&source=g>