[College Hill Topeka] Fwd: Dump the Pump June 16 with Topeka Metro

Katrina Shaw katkake1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 17:55:39 CDT 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Rachelle Vega-Retana <rvretana at topeka.org>
Date: Tue, Jun 14, 2022 at 4:19 PM
Subject: Dump the Pump June 16 with Topeka Metro

*TOPEKA, KAN. (June 14, 2022)* – On Thursday, June 16, 2022, Topeka Metro
will be participating with numerous other transit providers in the United
States for the 16th Annual National Dump the Pump Day. Sponsored by the
American Public Transportation Association (APTA), the National Dump the
Pump Day is an opportunity to highlight public transit and to encourage
people to ride the bus rather than drive their car. This is especially true
as we are experiencing escalation and uncertainty of fuel prices.

Topeka Metro General Manager Bob Nugent said, “With prices continuing to
rise we are all looking for ways to reduce how much we are spending on fuel
and transportation costs. Dump the Pump Day is an ideal way to draw
attention to riding the bus and the potential savings in our transportation
costs. Whether you ride once a week or once a day, the savings can really
add up.”

According to the APTA Transit Savings Report, individuals in a two-person
household can save an average of more than $10,160 annually by downsizing
to one car and using public transit instead. Some quick facts about public
transit from APTA:

   - *Every $1 invested in public transportation generates $5 in economic
   returns.*
   - *Every $10 million in operating investment yields $32 million in
   increased business sales.*
   - *Home values were up to 24% higher near public transportation than in
   other areas. *
   - *Millennials consider public transportation as the best option for
   digital socializing and among the best for connecting with their
   communities.*

*Information is available on Topeka Metro's website at www.topekametro.org
<http://www.topekametro.org>, including bus routes and fare pricing. For
questions, call Topeka Metro customer service at 785-783-7000.  *
*Contact:* Keri Renner
Director of Marketing & Communications                                 Topeka
Metro
201 N. Kansas Avenue
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/201+N.+Kansas+Avenue+%0D%0ATopeka,+Kansas+66603?entry=gmail&source=g>
Topeka, Kansas 66603
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/201+N.+Kansas+Avenue+%0D%0ATopeka,+Kansas+66603?entry=gmail&source=g>
(785) 730-8616
krenner at topekametro.org

Rachelle Vega-Retana, Grants Administrator

City of Topeka, Dept. of Planning & Development

Division of Housing Services

620 SE Madison St
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/620+SE+Madison+St?entry=gmail&source=g>.
1st Floor – Unit 8

Topeka, Ks. 66607

Phone: (785) 368-4490

Fax:      (785) 368-2546

Email:    rvretana at topeka.org

The preceding email message (including any attachments) contains
information that may be confidential, protected by the attorney/client or
other applicable privileges or that may constitute non-public information.
This message is intended to be conveyed only to the designated
recipient(s). If you are not listed as a recipient of this message, please
notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and then delete
it from your system.  Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of
this message by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be
unlawful."