[College Hill Topeka] Fwd: Big news about Real-World Parenting 2022!

Katrina Shaw katkake1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 12:46:48 CST 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Rachelle Vega-Retana <rvretana at topeka.org>
Date: Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 12:05 PM
Subject: Big news about Real-World Parenting 2022!

*Good morning!* The Real-World Parenting Series is back in 2022, and based
on feedback from RWP participants as well as FSGC staff, we're trying
something new.

Each month, we'll highlight a different topic related to mental health
challenges that kids and teens experience.

On the first three Thursdays of the month, we’ll post a helpful 3-5 minute
Facebook video on the Topic of the Month. January's topic is Childhood
Trauma, and our first Thursday video will be out Thursday, January 13
(Sorry – the holidays have us running a little late!).

Then, on the fourth Thursday of each month, from 6:30-7:30 p.m. CT, we will
host a *live Zoom Q&A* featuring an FSGC mental health professional. They
will answer live questions about the Topic of the Month during the Q&A as
well as pre-submitted questions. January's live Q&A will be Thursday,
January 27.

Real-World Parenting is *FREE*, but parents have to register to get the
link and participate in the Q&A. To register, visit
*https://www.FSGCtopeka.com/parenting*
<https://www.FSGCtopeka.com/parenting> and look for the Topic of the Month.

I’ve attached a jpg of this month’s flyer with all the dates and details.
Please share it in your communications (e-newsletters, emails, social
media, etc.) with parents, co-workers and others who might be interested.
Please encourage them to join us! We also have information on our Facebook
page (facebook.com/fsgctopeka).

The goal of Real-World Parenting is to pass along practical ideas and
advice that parents can actually use to raise healthier, happier kids. By
offering videos parents can watch anytime and giving them the opportunity
to ask questions that are important to them, we hope we’re helping in a way
that is convenient and helpful to your families. If you have any questions
about Real-World Parenting Conversations, feel free to e-mail or call me
(270.8907). Thanks for helping us get the word out!

*Jim Williamson*

Coordinator, Grants & Communication
Family Service & Guidance Center, Topeka

* “It’s the sort of thing that kind of person likes if they’re the kind of
person who likes that sort of thing.”*

Rachelle Vega-Retana, Grants Administrator

City of Topeka, Dept. of Planning & Development

Division of Housing Services

620 SE Madison St
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/620+SE+Madison+St?entry=gmail&source=g>.
1st Floor – Unit 8

Topeka, Ks. 66607

Phone: (785) 368-4490

Fax:      (785) 368-2546

Email:    rvretana at topeka.org

The preceding email message (including any attachments) contains
information that may be confidential, protected by the attorney/client or
other applicable privileges or that may constitute non-public information.
This message is intended to be conveyed only to the designated
recipient(s). If you are not listed as a recipient of this message, please
notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and then delete
it from your system.  Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of
this message by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be
unlawful."