[College Hill Topeka] Results of 11 September 2021 Recycling Drive

Katrina Shaw katkake1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 17:15:30 CDT 2021

Our recent neighborhood recycling drive brought in $86.00!

     Here are the amounts we collected:
              Aluminum cans--182 lbs. @ 40 cents/lb.
                                                 $72.80
              Misc. metals ("Shred #3 Loose Metal")--220 lbs. @  6
cents/lb.                                       13.20
              *TOTAL
                                                                     $86.00*

Thank you to the many neighbors who recycled and sorted their recyclables
in accordance with the recycling company's guidelines.
      We thank and appreciate VERY MUCH all the people who contributed
their recyclables  (But we still would love to get more neighbors to
contribute their recyclables).  Since the neighborhood recycling drives
began in September 1990, our College Hill Association has received
*$14.376.08* from recycling!
      Many thanks also to the dear neighbor friends who helped to pick up
and deliver recyclables today, Cynthia Neufeld Smith made her recycling
debut.  Recycling veterans Susan Duffy and John and Carol Christensen
helped too.  We are also grateful that Elizabeth Herbert, a former College
Hill neighbor, let one of our teams of volunteers use her truck to pick up
metals.
     Our next recycling drive will be Saturday, December 11. Remember, cat
food and tuna cans, aluminum pie plates, and aluminum foil should be bagged
with steel cans--not with aluminum beverage cans.

Also, since aluminum beverage cans bring in the greatest amount of money
from these drives, we encourage neighbors to save them for College Hill.
We can also collect miscellaneous metals, such as copper and bronze, metal
piping, and wiring.  If you want to get rid of aluminum cans or other
recyclables before our next drive, please contact the Christensen’s at
785-554-8068 as they will store items until then.

Thank you!