[College Hill Topeka] College Hill Independence Walk and House Decorating Contest 2020

Erin Snethen esnethen at sewingworkshop.com
Tue Jun 30 14:23:06 CDT 2020

Hello neighbors! The 4th of July is coming up quickly this weekend.  I wanted to keep everyone in the loop about the events happening in College Hill this weekend. As you have heard, we will not have our traditional events for the 3rd and the 4th. Even though events will look different this year, we hope everyone is able to celebrate in a way that makes you comfortable.

House Decorating Contest
It would be great to see College Hill neighbors continue the tradition of decorating their homes, yards and porches. It's a great way to show your neighborhood pride this weekend. Submit your choices for best decorated home on the Facebook event page. Add a post with your favorite College Hill homes decorated in patriotic glory! Start posting your pictures July 1. A poll will be created to choose the winner. You can vote from July 5-7 with the winner announced July 8th.

If you have houses to submit but you’re not on Facebook, feel free to email me: erinsnethen at gmail.com <mailto:erinsnethen at gmail.com> with submissions.

So check out the online contest this year. Happy 4th!

https://www.facebook.com/events/597774417512984/ <https://www.facebook.com/events/597774417512984/>

Independence Walk
Join your neighbors in a new tradition. The College Hill Independence Walk will include neighbors walking on the sidewalk with their families, social distancing from other families. Dress up in your favorite red, white and blue, wave to your neighbors as you follow the traditional parade route along Jewell and College, from 13th to 16th Street. See post with map for details on the route.

Ways to Participate:
1. Walk the route with your family, starting anywhere along the route, sidewalk only.
2. Watch from your porch or yard.
3. Facebook Live via the College Hill Neighborhood page.
4. Decorate your home and yard in patriotic glory. Winners will be awarded via online poll.
Sorry, no costume, float or bike contests this year.

Reminders:
1. 6 ft. apart from other participants.
2. Masks recommended
3. No congregating at Boswell Park or Westminster Church.
4. Be careful when crossing the street. Cars will be active.

https://www.facebook.com/events/591919008182001/ <https://www.facebook.com/events/591919008182001/>

So view the events on FB, let us know if you’re coming, share with your neighbors and/or comment with questions if you have any.

Thank you neighbors!

Erin Snethen

 <http://www.sewingworkshop.com/>