[College Hill Topeka] Fwd: YWCA Week Without Violence 2018

Katrina Shaw katkake1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 12:42:16 EDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Rachelle Vega-Retana <rvretana at topeka.org>
Date: Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 10:01 AM
Subject: YWCA Week Without Violence 2018

*Week Without Violence (WWOV)  <https://www.ywcaneks.org/homepage/wwov18/>*is
part of a global movement in partnership with YWCA USA, the YWCA Northeast
Kansas, and the Center for Safety and Empowerment to end relationship
violence across our community, country, and around the world. We know that
not all violence is acknowledged or responded to equally, and that some
survivor-victims of domestic violence go unrecognized altogether.

This year, we are on a mission to change the conversation and change the
culture. Join us from *October 15 to 20 during Domestic Violence Awareness
Month (DVAM)* as we hold events, share information and stories, advocate,
and more with a common goal in mind: together, we can end gender-based
violence in our community!

Attached, you will find the complete schedule of events, as well as more
information specifically about the Batterer Motivation Training
<https://stormontvail.cloud-cme.com/Aph.aspx?P=1&EID=1752&formid=1190> and
the Domestic Violence in the Workplace Training
<http://ywcaneks.ywca.org/site/Calendar/207989344?view=Detail&id=100364>.

To register for any of the events or to learn more, click *here
<https://www.ywcaneks.org/homepage/wwov18/>*. More information and
registration can also be found on the *YWCA Center for Safety and
Empowerment Facebook page
<https://www.facebook.com/pg/CenterforSafetyandEmpowermentTopeka/events/?ref=page_internal>*.

Materials, such as buttons, ribbons, posters, schedules, and stickers are
available for pickup at the YWCA Northeast Kansas located at 225 SW 12th
Street.

You may schedule a time for pick up or drop off by calling (785) 354-7927.

Thank you for your support! It takes all of us to eliminate domestic
violence in our communities!

*Emily Steimel |* Public Education Coordinator, Center for Safety and
Empowerment
*T:  *785-354-7927 ext. 319 <(785)%20354-7927>
* E: *emilys at ywcaneks.org

*YWCA NE Kansas*
225 SW 12th Street

Topeka, KS 66612

24-hour helpline: 1-888-822-2983 <(888)%20822-2983>
w <http://www.ywca.org/>ww.ywcaneks.org

Rachelle Vega-Retana

Grants Administrator

City of Topeka

Dept. of Neighborhood Relations

620 SE Madison St.  1st Floor – Unit 8

Topeka, Ks. 66607

Phone: (785) 368-4490

Fax:       (785) 368-2546

Email:    rvretana at topeka.org

The preceding email message (including any attachments) contains
information that may be confidential, protected by the attorney/client or
other applicable privileges or that may constitute non-public information.
This message is intended to be conveyed only to the designated
recipient(s). If you are not listed as a recipient of this message, please
notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and then delete
it from your system.  Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of
this message by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be
unlawful."