[College Hill Topeka] Fwd: Public Employees Ride Free Week of May 7-12, 2018

Katrina Shaw katkake1 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 12:01:50 EDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Rachelle Vega-Retana <rvretana at topeka.org>
Date: Tue, May 8, 2018 at 8:34 AM
Subject: Public Employees Ride Free Week of May 7-12, 2018

See the attached.

Public Employees Ride Free Week of May 7-12 with valid I.D.

View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/762cd120813a/public-employees-ride-free-week-of-may-8-13-2777117?e=1f90a6299d>

[image:
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/f658c882dcda835f574e6419d/images/a99d7b92-ddea-4610-90fc-aa1cc6a4b565.jpg]
*Contact:* Keri Renner
Director of Marketing & Communications
      *For Immediate Release*
Topeka Metro
201 N. Kansas Avenue
Topeka, Kansas 66603
(785) 733-8616
krenner at topekametro.org   *Topeka Metro honors public employees*
*with free ride week*
*TOPEKA, KAN. (May 7, 2018)* -- In conjunction with Public Service
Recognition Week, Topeka Metro honors federal, state, and local public
employees by offering free rides May 7 through May 12, 2018. Public
employees with proper identification can receive unlimited free rides on
the fixed routes.

Any public employee must present a valid work I.D. to the bus operator upon
boarding. If a photo I.D. is not available, passengers may present a signed
letter on official letterhead as proof of their work status as a public
servant.

“In a capital city, we have many public workers who comprise our
workforce,” said Susan Duffy, Topeka Metro general manager.  “Topeka Metro
would like to honor the dedication of these employees by providing free
transportation as a token of our appreciation,” she said.

For route and schedule information, visit or contact Topeka Metro’s
Customer Service at 783-7000, or view the website at topekametro.org
<https://topekametro.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f658c882dcda835f574e6419d&id=c232f85b0d&e=1f90a6299d>
. ###
------------------------------

The Topeka Metropolitan Transit Authority (Topeka Metro) was created in
1973 by a vote of the city residents. Over the past four decades, Topeka
Metro has grown from a small, privately owned bus service into a
transportation solution provider, exploring and implementing transportation
opportunities that enhance the social, economic and environmental
well-being of the Topeka community. Topeka Metro provided more than 1.2
million passenger trips in Fiscal Year 2017. For more information about
Topeka Metro, see our website at www.topekametro.org
<https://topekametro.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f658c882dcda835f574e6419d&id=0e8d36722a&e=1f90a6299d>
.

[image:
https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-twitter-48.png]
<https://topekametro.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f658c882dcda835f574e6419d&id=1c2faa2eca&e=1f90a6299d>

[image:
https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-facebook-48.png]
<https://topekametro.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f658c882dcda835f574e6419d&id=a24f19095c&e=1f90a6299d>

[image:
https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-link-48.png]
<https://topekametro.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f658c882dcda835f574e6419d&id=3c03680f9e&e=1f90a6299d>

*Copyright © 2018    Topeka Metropolitan Transit Authority    All rights
reserved.*

*Our mailing address is:*
820 SE Quincy Ave, Topeka, Kansas 66612

You can update your preferences
<https://topekametro.us9.list-manage.com/profile?u=f658c882dcda835f574e6419d&id=cadda7dd38&e=1f90a6299d>
or unsubscribe from this list
<https://topekametro.us9.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=f658c882dcda835f574e6419d&id=cadda7dd38&e=1f90a6299d&c=945d75d5c7>

*Thank you for your interest in Topeka Metro! We appreciate you!*

Rachelle Vega-Retana

Grants Administrator

City of Topeka

Dept. of Neighborhood Relations

620 SE Madison St.  1st Floor – Unit 8

Topeka, Ks. 66607

Phone: (785) 368-4490

Fax:       (785) 368-2546

Email:    rvretana at topeka.org

The preceding email message (including any attachments) contains
information that may be confidential, protected by the attorney/client or
other applicable privileges or that may constitute non-public information.
This message is intended to be conveyed only to the designated
recipient(s). If you are not listed as a recipient of this message, please
notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and then delete
it from your system.  Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of
this message by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be
unlawful."