[College Hill Topeka] Fwd: Volunteer Opportunity: FutureNow: Finance @ Topeka High

Katrina Shaw katkake1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 15:16:54 EDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Rachelle Vega-Retana <rvretana at topeka.org>
Date: Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 8:10 AM
Subject: Volunteer Opportunity: FutureNow: Finance @ Topeka High

Hello All –

The time has come to sign up for this spring’s FutureNow: Finance event at
Topeka High School.  We would love to have you volunteer, this year!

Communities In Schools (CIS) of Mid-America’s FutureNow: Finance is
financial literacy education program in Topeka, which is supported by a
grant from the United Way of Greater Topeka. Students will travel through
booths representing everything they would need to pay for in a month as a
26 year old.

These booths are manned by volunteers so we could really use your help!

*FutureNow: Finance will held at Topeka High School on Wednesday, April 25,
2018 and Thursday, April 26, 2018*.

I have created a signupgenius.com event with the volunteer shifts
available: *http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080f4bacaa2dabfb6-futurenow
<http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080f4bacaa2dabfb6-futurenow>*.

You may also sign up by replying to this email with the dates and times you
are available.

*The spring shifts are: *

Wednesday: 9:30 am - 11:15 am

                    11:45 am - 1:15 pm

                    1:15 pm - 3:00 pm

Thursday:    7:55 am - 9:30 am

                    11:45 am - 1:15 pm

                    1:15 pm - 3:00 pm

The various booths that need staffed each shift are as follows:

·         Housing

·         Utilities

·         Healthcare

·         Transportation

·         Insurance

·         Banking

·         Communications

·         Child Care

·         Chance

·         Charitable Giving

·         Entertainment

·         Financial Advising

·         Shopping Center

·         Supermarket

Feel free to pass these volunteer opportunities / links along to anyone
else who may be interested in volunteering for this event (flyer attached).

Please don’t hesitate to contact me by telephone at 785.295.3235
<(785)%20295-3235>, or by e-mail at jphillips at tps501.org if there is any
other information I can provide for you.

I look forward to another great year of the FutureNow: Finance event at
Topeka High School!

Thanks,

*Julie Phillips*

Site Coordinator - Topeka High School

800 SW 10th Street

Topeka, KS 66612

O: 785.295.3235 <(785)%20295-3235>

[image: image001.png]

We are all in for kids. Visit our website <http://www.cismidamerica.org/>.
Like us on Facebook  <https://www.facebook.com/cismidamerica?ref=hl>and
follow us on Twitter <https://twitter.com/CISMidAmerica>.  #allinforkids

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and any attachments are for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary,
confidential, trade secret or privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a violation
of law.  If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for
delivering this message to an intended recipient, please contact the sender
by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.*

Rachelle Vega-Retana

Grants Administrator

City of Topeka

Dept. of Neighborhood Relations

620 SE Madison St.  1st Floor – Unit 8

Topeka, Ks. 66607

Phone: (785) 368-4490

Fax:       (785) 368-2546

Email:    rvretana at topeka.org

The preceding email message (including any attachments) contains
information that may be confidential, protected by the attorney/client or
other applicable privileges or that may constitute non-public information.
This message is intended to be conveyed only to the designated
recipient(s). If you are not listed as a recipient of this message, please
notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and then delete
it from your system.  Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of
this message by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be
unlawful."